Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I'm Sorry - I've Been A BAD Blogger!!!

I'm sorry, it's been AGES since I've updated, but the upside of that is, I actually have some thing to write about LOL.

Firstly, a big THANKS to Anna (my brand new downline) and Simone for their input on my scrapbooking page. I have finally finished it off - the reason it took so long is that I was trying to find some sheer black & white polka dot ribbon. I finally had a brainwave today as to where I might find some and, voila, sure enough Scrappy Hollow in Croydon had just what I was looking for. So here is the finished page.

I added an extra two matting layers, 1 white and 1 black to give me a bit of extra room to add the ribbon without it covering too much of Harrison's face. I then punched a 1-1/4 circle in Green Galore, matted that on a 1-3/8 circle of W/White and used my white Gel Pen to add the journalling. (btw is journalling spelt with 1 L or 2??). I then used my 1/16" punch to make holes to attach pewter jump rings and then theaded onto the ribbon and tied off. At the moment the 'charms' are swinging freely - I'm still undecided if I should stick them down or not? The photo is mounted on the page using DS foam tape. I'm happy with the way it looks now and I'm actually looking forward to do some more pages. (so save me a seat in your classes Anna)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: So Very (limited edition SAB set), Shape Ups
Cardstock: Green Galore (cut to 8 x 8"), Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink: Glorious Green Classic Ink, W/White Craft Ink
Accessories: White Gel Pen, White EP, 1/16" Hand Held Punch, 1-1/4 & 1-3/8 Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, SAMJ, DS Foam Tape, Sheer Black & White Polka Dot ribbon, jump rings

2 comments:

Unknown said...

llllooooovvveeee it!! Exactly as I envisioned, great work. If you want to "fasten them down" you can always use a pop dot so they are attached to appear to be loose.
Fantastic work!

Greta Adams said...

AWESOME page and very impressed for that being your 2nd attempt i think you said...

APPLAUSE!!!!