Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Can you 'Spot' what I've been up to?

Here are a couple of older projects that I've completed for my 'samples' book using On The Spot and Sweet Spot that were featured in our recent Mini Catalogue. Now I've kept these in my samples book because we were given a gift from Shelli Gardner, (Cofounder & CEO of Stampin' Up!) called Seeing Spots that coordinates beautifully with both of these sets and we have been told that Sweet Spot will be in our new Catalogue, due out April 1, 2007 - see where I'm going here?

The colour palate for this sample was taken from
our Impressions magazine. I've used Real Red, Elegant Eggplant and More Mustard. I used my Stampin' Write Markers to ink up the background stamp (On The Spot) in different colours. Markers are such fun - there's no way you'd be able to acheive this look with an ink pad. I used my More Mustard Classic pad to ink up the solid circles, flower & sweet sentiment (all from Sweet Spot). I really like this colour combo.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: On The Spot, Sweet Spot
Cardstock: Real Red, Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Elegant Eggplant and More Mustard Markers, More Mustard Classic Ink

This is another project using the same sets, pretty much an exact copy of a sample shown on the SU Demo's website. (It was late & I really liked the sample). I also used Seeing Spots for the background behind the flower. It was really quick & easy.

I stamped On The Spot in Apricot Appeal on W/White and then overstamped with images from Sweet Spot using Regal Rose, Lavender Lace and Certainly Celery. I stamped an image from Seeing Spots in Regal Rose & punched out using the 1-1/4 Circle Punch (instead of stamping on metal edge tage), layered a flower (from Sweet Spot) stamped in L/Lace that I attached using a silver brad. I attached the W/White piece to a L/Lace card, used the Paper Piercing Template & paper piercing tool from the Crafter's Tool Kit to pierce a row of holes above the Celery grosgrain ribbon, stamped the sweet sentiment in B/Black and popped the circular image up using dimesionals.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: On The Spot, Sweet Spot, Seeing Spots
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose, Laveder Lace, Certainly Celery, Basic Black Classic Ink
Cardstock: W/White, L/Lace
Accessories: 1-1/4" Circular Punch, Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Brad, Dimensionals, Paper Piercing Template & Tool from Crafter's Tool Kit

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are GREAT! We have those sets in our catalog now, so I have used them like crazy. I love all those circles.