Thursday, February 8, 2007

2 Posts in 2 Days - What's Up With That!!!!

Well, I told you that I had been doing SOMETHING, lol! These are a couple of things that I made for my last workshop - a gift for my hostess and door prizes/booking incentives.

So this is a Bag-A-Lope, I received one of these little beauties (along with instructions on how to make it) at our Training Night in October from a fellow demonstrator, Naomi as part of a swap. Now I must say how generous the VIC SU demos are - I hadn't made ANY swaps as our training night was only 6 weeks after I gave birth to Harrison, yet everyone was happy to hand their creations to me without getting ANYTHING in return. Thank you ladies, your kindness was greatly appreciated. Might I add, I didn't realise it contained chocolate goodies until the NEXT day, what a FANTASTIC surprise!!!!!
I have made these up for my hostess gift - filling them with M&M's for my last 2 workshops. I also show everyone how to make them as part of my demo - they are proving to be a real WOW factor.
For this one, I stamped the frame in Sahara Sand and then masked it. I them stamped the Floral Background in Bravo Burdandy on the front & back of the envelope so it was completely covered, removed the mask and using the Headline Alpha, stamped my hostess' initial in B/Burgandy. I then topped it off with a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock folded in half, punched 2 holes using my 1/8" punch (using my Paper Piercing template from the Crafter's Tool Kit as a guide) and threaded Burgand grosgrain ribbon through & tied it in a bow to finish it off. I really like how it turned out.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Floral, Headline Alphabet, Label Classics
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, White envelope
Ink: Sahara Sand and Bravo Burgandy Classic Ink
Accessories: 1/8" Punch, Burgandy Grosgrain Ribbon, Post-It Note, Paper Snips, M&M's, Bone Folder

This next project is a Post-It Note Holder. Emily (emilymomto3boys) has a wonderful tutorial on how to make these - they are SO easy & effective.
I used our gift from Shelli - Seeing Spots - for this project. We have been told that this set will be available in our new catalogue which will be relased in April 07. It's a really fun set and coordinates so well with On the Spot and Sweet Spot that were in our Mini (hope that's a hint of what's to come, KWIM)

I stamped the Whisper White card using Only Orange, Real Red, Pixie Pink and Lovely Lilac markers. I then stamped 'NOTES' using the Rough Edges Alphabet (this is a fun set - a bit of a pain to mount, but one that I will use often!) in W/White Craft on Lovely Lilac, punched out with the Word Window Punch, set some white eyelets and used some Red gingham ribbon & dimensionals to attach it. Then I stuck the Post-It Note pad to the holder with some sticky strip. This is a REALLY fun project!!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Seeing Spots, Rough Edges Alphabet
Cardstock: Whisper White, Lovely Lilac
Ink: Only Orange, Real Red, Pixie Pink, Lovely Lilac Markers, W/White Craft Ink
Accessories: White eyelets, Word Window Punch, Red Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip

I also made a matching card. I stamped On the Spot using Lovely Lilac markers (need to get the ink pad in this colour - colouring those dots was annoying!)

I then stamped the Thank You and Flower from Seeing Spots in L/Lilac on W/White & punched out with the 1/1-4" punch, used the 1/16" punch to make a teeny tiny hole, attached a jump ring and attached it to the red gingham ribbon. Easy peasy - I really like these colours together!
Supplies Used:
Stamps: On the Spot, Seeing Spots
Cardstock: Lovely Lilac, W/White
Ink: Lovely Lilac Marker
Accessories: 1-1/4" Punch, 1/16" Punch, jump ring, Red gingham ribbon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are wonderful projects, great colors and just plain awesome!
I am a huge fan of the bagalope, so simple and so cool.