Wednesday, February 28, 2007

An Apology & The Stamp That Started It ALL!!!!!

First, an apology. I thought I was technically proficient enough to take photos of my creations. I used Amy's method of setting up, however it appears we have little or no natural light coming into the house as our skylight has been covered during our on-going renovations and I'm just NOT as good as a photographer as I thought I was. Back to the scanner for me! LOL.

Also, my WONDERFUL trial version of Paint Shop Pro X has finally expired. Today, I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop Elements 5.0 & boy, is it hard to use. After this I'm off the the forums at SCS to see if I can get some idea of how to use this program. I must say though, the organiser feature is super easy, but anything else I've tried to do has just seemed REALLY complicated (even just saving the damn file - AAARGH).

Anyway, as promised this is the card I made for our friend's engagement. I made it using THE stamp that started my obsession with Stampin' Up! - the beautiful Soft Swirls. I saw the most beautiful card made using this stamp in a US stamping magazine The Rubber Stamper in 2004 and that was IT! I had to have this stamp!!!!!

So, imagine my UTTER DESPAIR when I found out that it was NOT included in our 06/07 catalogue. And then to make matters worse, it was listed on the US RETIRED list, to be retired at the end of June, 2006. This time I was lucky enough to have a truely WONDERFUL contact who was able to finally get this stamp for me. And wouldn't you know it, this is only the 2nd time I've used it, LOL.

I stamped Big Rock by Paper Candy (don't you just LOVE this stamp) in VersaColour Silver onto Whisper White and matted onto Basic Black that had been punched with my 1-3/8" SQ punch. The diamond has been covered with 2-way glue and dazzling diamonds for that extra bit of BLING, you just can't see it in the picture. I mounted this onto the Soft Swirls (stamped in silver, matted with silver) using dimensionals. I then stamped Big News (also from Paper Candy) in silver on W/White, punch a hole in either end using the 1/8 punch and threaded through some silver organdy ribbon. This sentiment is also raised up on dimensionals. I then attached the whole lot to a Basic Black card.

This is the matching gift card holder I made for our gift (a travel voucher to go towards their honeymoon). I had a major DUH moment when making this. I used my slit punch for the first time to make the holder for the gift card, but before I actually punched it I just couldn't figure out how this was going to work! (I put it down to seeing it used to make scalloped edging). Finally figured it out - DUH!
Supplies Used (for both)
Stamps: Soft Swirls (retired), Big Rock, Big News (Paper Candy)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Silver (source unknown)
Ink: VersaColour Silver pigment
Accessories: 2-way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Silver Organdy Ribbon, Dimensionals, 1-3/8" SQ Punch, 1/8" RD Punch

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the card!!! So elegant.