Saturday, January 6, 2007

OK to Go!

I got the 'rubber stamp' (pardon the pun *wink*) from SU! that everything is A-OK, so I'm good to go with postings! I thought for my first post I would add a couple of cards I made using the stamps from the SAB catty.

I made this card for my friend's birthday using the cute little cow from the Very Punny set. She just loves cows so that was an easy choice. The colour combo came from the SCS colour challenge. I also used my 2 new favourite things, no make that 3 new favourite things; my paper piercer and template from the Crafter's Tool Kit, my 2-way glue pen and dazzling diamonds glitter (the red spots are covered in the glitter - very sparkly IRL) and my ribbons. I usually have a HARD time using ribbon, but these days I feel like I want to add it to everything! lol

Supplies:
Stamps: Very Punny, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Canvas
Cardstock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquiose, Real Red
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink, Basic Black, Blush Blossom, Real Red Stampin' Write Markers
Accessories: 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Paper Piercing Tool & Template from Crafter's ToolKit, Blender Pen, Red & Black Gingham Ribbon, decorative scissors.

This second card I made using So Very (from SAB) and one my most favourite stamp sets, Love Without End. I saw some beautiful samples is a SU! ad nearly 3 years ago and fell in love. This is actually the 1st time I've used it, I really like the way it has turned out!

I made the pink polka dot layer using WW Craft ink and repeatedly stamping the dot pattern from Itty Bitty Backgrounds. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line it all up and, voila pink polka dots. I used the 'kissing' technique to get the dots on the flower and my new 1" round punch to punch out the 'cute' sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: So Very, Love Without End, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock: WW, Pretty In Pink
Ink: WW Craft, Pretty In Pink Classic
Accessories: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (SAMJ), 1" RD punch, dimensionals

Check out the SCS SAB galleries for more great samples. Don't forget, SAB stamps are for a limited time only so if you like what you see, email me with your order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey JO,

Your cards are gorgeous. My mum is a SU! demo to. Hope you have fun creating more cards! Good luck for 2007!

Alex