Monday, January 8, 2007

New Year's Resolution - How long will it last???

One of my NYR was to put my ever growing pile of stamping stuff to good use and actually make something, instead of buying it and stacking it beside the dining table, lol. I can't believe how many sets are still sitting there unused and unmounted - it's the baby's fault!! To make sure I DO something, I thought it would be a good idea to particpate in the challenges on SCS (SplitcoastStampers). They have different challenges for every day (except Sundays) and my resolution was to complete at least 1 each week and to 'catch up' on all the previous ones. So without further ado, here is my first creation......drum roll please........
The layout for this card comes from SC70 (Sketch Challenge #70) and I have used a technique called 'Gamsol Magic' for the first time to colour the bear image. I check out AmyR's blog daily and she has compiled a great list of resources for this technique. After I checked them out I realised that I could put my tin of 72 Derwent pencils to good use (have had these for about 20, yes, 20 years and the majority of them are UNUSED - do you see a pattern here???)Anyway, I think this is the best that I have ever got 'Melanie' to look (although I do have a way to go - got some of the shading in the wrong places - it's all a learning process). I also used the 'Sorry' stamp from my new So Very SAB set and some of my patterned papers that have been sitting around here FOREVER!
Supplies: (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: So Very, Bear Framed - Melanie (Stamp-It)
Ink: Pale Plum Classic, Basic Black Classic
Cardstock: Whisper White, Lilac Bazzill, Lilac Gingham - source unknown
Accessories: Derwent Pencils, Odourless Minerals Spirits, Blending Stumps, Dimensionals


In other news, my latest order arrived today - finally, I have found that it is beneficial to have Christmas and my birthday so close together - thanks Mum, I've put the cash to good use and will post something shortly showing you all what I got!!! hint: it's SAB time!!

No comments: