Friday, November 19, 2010

Melbourne Regionals Swap & M&T #1

Last weekend we had our Stampin' Up! Regional Event in Melbourne.  I managed to get a few swaps made up for the occasion.  This is what I made, based on something I saw in an upcoming US publication.


The Vanilla layer has been embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and then spritzed with Frost White Shimmer Paint mist that I made up.  I've also used some of the Newsprint DSP, the sentiment is from Perfect Punches and has been embossed using Clear Embossing powder and punched out with the Scalloped Oval punch.  I tried a new technique - ruffled ribbon - which took a while to get the hang of, and used one of the tools from the Distressing Kit to 'dog ear' the top corner.

During Regionals, we get to hear all sort of great business tips and see some great project ideas.  We also get to do Make & Takes.  This year the M&T's were 'beefed' up a bit, which was really, really good but it also meant that I only got 1 out of the 4 finished :)   I decided to do this one first, because it used the Colour Spritzing Tool, which I don't have (yet).


Isn't it pretty?  I was really pleased with the way it turned out but the staff at the Convention Centre may have thought otherwise since I mangaged to get quite a bit of Soft Suede spritz all over their very nice white table cloths.  Ooops.  1 down, 3 to go!

Supplies Used:
Regional Swap
Stamps:  Perfect Punches
Ink:  Basic Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Newsprint DSP
Accessories:  Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Big Shot, Scallop Oval punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Old Olive Satin ribbon, Distressing Kit, Frost White Shimmer Paint (as mist), Sticky Strip, Dimensionals


Make & Take #1
Stamps:  Every Moment
Ink:  Soft Suede, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Black StazOn, Soft Suede marker
Cardstock:  Soft Suede Textured, Naturals Ivory, Water Colour, Old Olive
Accessories:  Aquapainter, Scallop Edge punch, Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta ribbon, Daffodil Delight 3/8 Taffeta ribbon, Basic Pearl, Clip Assortment