Wednesday, November 17, 2010

JAI #43 - Just Add Christmas

Boy oh boy, am I cutting it fine with this one.  Silly thing is though, I had it made and photographed last week but just haven't gotten around to uploading.

Anyway, as you've probably guessed from the title, the challenge at Just Add Ink this week is Just Add Christmas.  Time to break out my new Christmas set that I purchased just the week before the current promotion was announced - nice one SU!  grrrr.


If you look really close, you can see that I have clear embossed the Merry Christmas sentiment from Contempo Christmas on the Very Vanilla piece.  The magical hanging ornament has been stamped in Cherry Cobbler and punched out using the new Ornament Punch.  I have also embellished the ornament with a heap (14) of those teeny, tiny little pearls.  I really like the way it turned out and it would be easy to mass produce minus the embossing (cause that took ages) and the pearls (you would use a lot)

Well, that's it from me tonight.  I will be back soon to show you the swap I made for the Melbourne Regionals that I attended last weekend as well as the 1 out of 4 Make & Takes that I got finished there. 

Supplies Used:  All Stampin' Up!
Stamps:  Contempo Christmas
Ink:  Versamark, Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Jolly Holiday DSP
Accessories:  Ornament Punch, Embossing Buddy (which I cannot find, NOT COOL), Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Corner Rounder (retired)

5 comments:

KimB said...

HI Jo,
you can just make out the embossing on the background - great effect and I love the pearls too.
Kim

Tania Gould said...

This is so cool! I like it! I really wish I had bought this stamp set.

Chris said...

Very nice indeed Jo! Love the colours

Tui Nathan said...

I love your card Jo ...the colours, the embossing and the tiny pearls ... simple and beautiful!!!

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Jo. I have never clear-embossed on Very Vanilla before; it looks incredible!! Love all the complementary pearls, and the elegant look of your card. Sorry I couldn't meet you at Regionals, love - there's always Convention, if we can't get our act together before then!!