Friday, November 5, 2010

JAI #42 - Sketch Challenge

This week at JAI it's a sketch challenge



This is what I came up with


I've been dying to use Friends Never Fade since it was available for pre-order.  I stupidly didn't order it then, so I had to wait a whole month, whilst being tempted by a never ending procession of beautiful creations. I have it now, so it's all good!  The co ordinating Greenhouse Gala DSP is so pretty too!  The stamped image has been embossed with Clear EP so it's nice & shiny.  The only thing I want to change is the Chocolate Chip matting.  I wanted to use the Scallop Trim Border punch - I was hoping I could be clever enough to make corners with it like you can with the plain scallop border punch.  Obviously I'm not that clever so I ordered the Scallop Trim Corner punch yesterday.  The ribbon is retired Chocolate Chip Satin that was available a couple of minis ago.

Short & Sweet from me today.  Be sure to check out all the other fantastic creations the DT girls have come up with.  Look forward to seeing your creations!

Supplies Used: (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps:  Friends Never Fade
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Cardstock:  Pear Pizzaz, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Greenhouse Gala DSP
Accessories:  Clear EP, Heat Gun, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon

5 comments:

Renée said...

ooooh, very pretty with that big splash of colour!

AJ said...

I love this card - it has so many of my fave things in it! LOL. Great design and so perfectly put together. Great job Jo! xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh! I didn't realise that you could do the corners with the scallop border punch!? Must try it out ... although I do have the scallop trim corner punch (which does need a little practice to master!) Love your description of the process ... so entertaining! And ... love that choc chip satin ribbon. (I still have some too!) The Early Espresso is gorgeous too, though!) Thanks for stopping by my blog to encourage me! Hugs xxaxx

Karen said...

Jo, this has turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I just love that DSP!

Karen
x

Sam said...

This is such a beautiful card Jo.

Love the embossed main image, and you can't go wrong with Choc Chip fat satin ribbon can you? There are going to be tears here when mine runs out (but I do still have a whole roll and a bit ;-).