Friday, November 19, 2010

JAI #44 - Colour Challenge

This weeks it's a colour challenge at Just Add Ink and these are the colours we working with



They are such earthy colours and totally remind me of the National Parks and forests that are so close to our house.  This is what I made

I've used a new set - Growing Green.  As soon as I saw the colours, I knew I wanted to use this set.  I've stamped the Maiden Hair Fern (at least that's what I think it is) in Wild Wasabi and clear embossed on watercolour paper.  Then I watercoloured the leaves using Wild Wasabi ink and my aquapainter.  To disguise my dodgy watercolouring, I've given the whole thing a spritz with Frost White Shimmer Paint Mist.  (If you enlarge the photo, you should be able to see the shimmer)

The sentiment, from Occasional Quotes (L3 Hostess) is also stamped on watercolour paper using Chocolate Chip ink.  I punched it out using my new Modern Label punch and added a couple more of those teeny tiny pearls on either side of the sentiment.  The DSP is River Rock from the Neutrals paper pack and the ribbon is retired.

To make the shimmer paint mist, I got a few little spray bottles from Hairhouse Warehouse, dropped in a bit of paint and then filled the bottle with Isocol Rubbing Alcohol.  My mist was quite a light mixture as I wanted a very subtle effect on my Regional swap.  I have now added a bit more paint to make it a little stronger.  Here's a photo to show you what it looks like.


Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's brilliant creations and I look forward to seeing you creations  using this colour combo!

Supplies Used:  All Stampin' Up!
Stamps:  Growing Green, Occasional Quotes
Ink:  Wild Wasabi , Versamark, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, Watercolour Paper, River Rock DSP
Accessories:  Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Aquapainter, Corner Rounder (retired), Basic Pearls, Modern Label punch, Frost White Shimmer paint (as mist - shown above), Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon (retired), Dimensionals

6 comments:

KimB said...

HI Jo,

it looks lovely! - very peaceful. The green fern really suits that subtle stripy RRock background and the retired choc ribbon (love) - I still have some too :)
Kim

Christine Blain said...

LOVE this, Jo. I've stamped that maidenhair fern only as an outline; it looks amazing watercoloured. I really like how you've worked these colours!

H2 :) said...

Absolutely stunning Jo - lovely, elegant design! Thanks for sharing your shimmer "recipe". :)

Sam said...

You have done a beautiful, elegant job with these challenge colours Jo. I must confess...I can't use them. I thought about it, but got nowhere at all.

:-)
Sam.

Patrice said...

Love your card Jo - you convinced me I need this set :o)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the shimmer, love the bow and love that stamp!!