Sunday, September 26, 2010

Royal Melbourne Show 2010

Today, Jarrod & I took Harry to the Royal Melbourne show.  369 photos  later, these are some of my favourites from the Freestyle Motocross and Sampson the Monster Truck.  I also managed to snap a couple of the ponies - lucky the boys were bored by the ponies, otherwise I think I would have filled my memory card.

This first on is from the Fancy Dress.  This was the winner.  I'm not sure if you can see it properly here or not but the pony is dressed as Donkey from Shrek.  Shrek is leading, Princess Fiona is riding and Puss in Boots, Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming are also there.


Other place getters included a beautiful black pony that was dressed like a poodle, Humpty Dumpty, Scooby Doo, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.  All very cute, and such a lot of hard work put in to them all.

Here are a couple of Sampson the Monster Truck


All of these are from the Freestyle Motocross


I like the middle rider - Look Mum,  no hands (or anything else for that matter, lol)

And I think this little poppet was competing in one of the Junior Rider Classes - this was the only shot I got of the ponies - the boys were bored


Well, that was our day at the show, Harry went of heaps of rides, the lines for showbags were so absolutely massive it was a complete joke, we're sunburt and tired but we had a  pretty good day considering it was super, super busy.

I'm off to watch my Top Chef which I recorded earlier, have a good night

3 comments:

Chris said...

You're a braver woman than me ... J asks every year if we can go to the Show, every year I put it off ... I figure if I wait long enough she'll be old enough to take herself LOL
-Chris

Renée said...

wow, those bikers sure go high, eh? Looks like a fun show!

Sam said...

Looks like a really fun day Jo. I love the pic of the white pony and rider...so beautiful. Makes me think of my childhood when all I wanted to do was ride horses....until I fell off one - then I didn't any more :-(.

Hope you have a great long weekend,
Sam.