Monday, September 20, 2010

JAI #35 - Just Add Sympathy

This week at Just Add Ink the challenge was a sympathy card.  Sympathy card are never easy to make - this is what I came up with.


I have used a really old set that I rediscovered when sorting through my stamps the other week.  It's called Art of Life and it was a Hostess Set from the 06/07 catalogue.  It was a set that I just had to have, funny thing is, this is the first time I've used it.  I still love it though. 

The background image is inked up using Crumb Cake ink and stamped onto Naturals Ivory.  I didn't really like the way it looked so I scrunched it up, which made it look a bit more distressed.  I had trouble unscrunching it, so I ran it through my bigshot a couple of times, which flattened it out really well :)  The leaf image is stamped in Early Espresso (which is just divine), layered onto Crumb Cake and then onto an Early Espresso base.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments and punched out using the Word Window punch.  The ribbon is from PaperTrey Ink.

Thanks for stopping by.....

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Art of Life (retired)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Cardstock:  Naturals Ivory, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, Dark Chocolate Satin ribbon (PaperTrey Ink)


10 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Oh, Jo, this is so pretty! I love it! No wonder you had to have that set! :-)

KimB said...

HI Jo,

its great rediscovering old stuff ;) Lovely elegant result with great texture on the background.

Kim

Chris said...

Very nice, Jo. Understated and elegant (just like you!)
hugs
Chris

Laurel said...

This is gorgeous!

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Jo - love your colour choices. Simple, and earthy, but elegant. A perfect sympathy card.

sunbear said...

oh i LOVE this! so perfect jo:)

sunbear said...

oh i LOVE this! so perfect jo:)

Jodene said...

That is a stunning card Jo! Love that stamp.

Karen said...

Realllllllly like this one Jo! It's so 'tranquil' to look at!!

Glad you liked my latest card too! I am like you - soooo tempted to order some more PTI while the $ is so good - but then I get a fit of the guilts and think I have more than enough! lol

K
x

Anonymous said...

This is truely beautiful Jo. I really love it. Marls