Friday, September 10, 2010

JAI #34 - Colour Challenge

It's a colour challenge at Just Add Ink this week. 


All colours that I love - by themselves.  Together - not so much.  For some reason, Certainly Celery took on an almost flurosecent tinge, making me check that I had actually used the correct colour. 

After spending hours and hours trying to decide on what to do for the card base this is what I finally decided upon


The main image is from Dreams du Jour, a set that I've had well over a year and never used until now.  I stamped it in Versamark and embossed with clear emobssing powder.  I coloured the flowers using a blender pen and pastels, a technique that I haven't used in ages.  Actually it's only the 2nd or 3rd time I've used my pastels since getting them in my starter kit, but I love how they have look on Crumb Cake (please can I just call it Kraft), so I think I'll have to keep that in mind for future use.

So that's it.  Have a great weekend, some of my new goodies have arrived so I'm looking forward to playing with them.  I'm also taking a Copic Colouring class on Saturday with Mandi which should be fun!  I look forward to seeing your creations (although I have been super slack over the last few weeks with my commenting, sorry about that)

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Dreams du Jour
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Embossing Buddy, Blender Pen, Stampin' Pastels (why can't we call them chalks, pastels are like crayons), Scoring Blade, Dimensionals, Corner Rounder (retired but I'm not giving it up!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, its so nice and sublte! gorgeous way to showcase such a pretty stamp! :)
Gardenia

Unknown said...

A really clean and simple card but so effective, its great.

Sam said...

Cute card Jo. I like how the scoring just pulls your eye to the focal stamp.

Have fun with your new toys!

Sam.