Saturday, October 2, 2010

Catch Up!

Again I'm a bit behind with the whole blogging thing.  My baby, who is not such a baby anymore turned 4 last month.  I have absolutely no idea where those 4 years have gone, but here is the invitation I made for his party


It's a matchbox style, this is the inside



I masked the 3 back balloons and popped the Wasabi one up on a dimensional.  Also masked all the strings.  Hmmm, glad I only made 12 of these, lol!  The colour combo is Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie and Wild Wasabi and came from some old DSP (East Coast Prep maybe??).  The blue circles on the front were made with the Circle Scissor, I used the 1-3/4" RD punch for the Wasabi ones.

This is the co-ordinating card I made:



This inside is decorated the same as the invitation but I took the photo after we gave the card to him so it has all the mushy stuff we wrote.  It also explains the dirty fingerprint on the front :)

Today was his little bestie's party, this is the card I made for him:



Colour combo for this is Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pear Pizzaz and Whisper White, taken from the rub ons, whose name escapes me at the moment.  The letters are diecut using Timeless Type Jnr sizzlet alphabet and covered with crystal effects.  They kind of look like stickers IRL, unfortunately we were in a rush and this is the best photo I have.  I also used my crop-o-dile for the very first time, whoo hoo!  This card is a DL sized card, 10 cm x 21 cm (finished) so I could fit his name in.

Well, that's it from me today.  Thanks for visiting.

Supplies Used:

Invitation:
Stamps:  Party This Way, Introducing (retired)
Ink:  Brilliant Blue (retired), Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Black StazOn
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue (retired), Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, DSP (East Coast Prep? - Retired)
Accessories:  Circle Scissor Plus, 1-3/4" Punch, Staples, Dimensionals

4th Birthday Card:
Stamps:  Party This Way
Ink:  Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi
Cardstock:  Brilliant Blue, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, DSP (East Coast Prep)
Accessories:  Bigshot, Timeless Type Jnr Alphabet Sizzlet, Crystal Effects

Tristan's Card
Stamps:  Party This Way, It's Your Birthday (retired)
Ink:  Real Red,Bashful Blue, Pear Pizazz, Going Grey (retired)
Cardstock:  Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pear Pizazz, Whisper White
Accessories:  Bigshot, Timeless Type Jnr Alphabet Sizzlet, Crystal Effects, Crop-O-Dile, Linen Thread, 2 way Glue, Eyelets (non-SU!)

3 comments:

Sam said...

Fabulous cards Jo. I really love the party invite too. Such a cool idea to layout like that.

I keep seeing those groovy balloons and wishing I had them too. Onto the wish list they go!

:-)
Sam.

Renée said...

Love the birthday invites! Great colours and layout!

Patrice said...

Gorgeous invites!