Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Wheel Thing

If you've read my previous post, you'll know about this card. If not, I'll tell you all about it anyway. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm always up for a chat!

Another problem I had with the flower card on the previous post, is when I rang my hostess to get a head count for the workshop, I realised I didn't have enough CTC cardstock for everyone! Dang it, another thing to add to my ever growing list of card to get and another reason to come up with another design!

I have plenty of C/Chip so I went with that and wheeled the Scatter Sunshine inked in C/Chip Classic ink across the card twice. As this is a jumbo wheel, it covered the whole card front. I also used my much neglected wheel guide, an absolute necessity for me, I'm so hopeless at getting things straight! I then randomly stamped the 2 solid flowers in C/Caribbean and overstamped the matching dotted image using C/Chip ink and the SAMJ to line them up. I stamped the sentiment and realised I didn't like the big gap I'd left under it, so I masked it off and added another flower. This gave me the idea of adding the extra line of faux stiching! Added some cream organdy ribbon and attached to the card base. I think this is really pretty too, I'm really getting into this Vanilla groove, so you'll see some more projects using this colour in the future.

Supplies Used:

Stamps: Simply Said, Scatter Sunshine Jumbo wheel

Ink: Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip marker (thin end)

Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Jumbo Handle, SAMJ, Wheel Guide, Paper Piercer & Template, sponges, Cream organdy ribbon.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Both of these cards are just gorgeous. I love the colour combinations, they look great together, the choc brown and cool carribean are a nice winter colour combo. Anna