Sunday, June 10, 2007

As Promised.....

OK, here it is, as promised, something that is actually creative!


Now, I'm the first to admit, I should have uploaded this a little earlier than now, but this is the card I made for Jarrod for Valentine's Day. It uses the stamp that go me hooked on SU! - the wonderful (now retired) Soft Swirls.

The Soft Swirls are stamped on Ruby Red cardstock using Ruby ink. The little bear is Bear Heart - Melanie (2230D) from Stamp-It. She actually holds a heart but I thought she'd look cute peering over the sentiment, so I trimmed her down. The sentiment is by Katie & Co and is stamped on W/White using B/Black ink. The heart is coloured with Ruby ink using a blender pen. I'm pretty sure I used my 1" RD punch to round the edges. I did this by trimming down the W/White and then pushing it through the bottom of the punch. I used my 1/8 punch to punch the holes in either end and threaded white narrow organdy through and tied a bow to finish off. The sentiment panel and Melanie are raised up on dimensionals and the edges of the card are sponged with Ruby. Oh, I forgot to mention I coloured Melanie using the Gamsol technique - using my Derwent pencils, paper stumps and Art Spectrum Odourless Solvent since I haven't been able to source Gamsol here in Australia. I found the odourless solvent at Riot.

Supplies Used: Stampin' Up! unless noted
Stamps: Soft Swirls (retired), Bear Hear - Melanie (Stamp-It), Happy Valentines Day (Katie & Co)
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red, Basic Black Classic Ink
Accessories: White Narrow Organdy Ribbon, 1/8" RD punch, blender pen, dimensionals, stampin' sponges, Derwent pencils (had forever), 1" RD punch (EK Success), paper stumps, odourless solvent (Art Spectrum)

1 comment:

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

This is so cute and sweet looking! That bear is darling! :)
~Angie