Friday, May 11, 2012

JAI 117 - Colour Challenge

This week at Just Add Ink, we have, what I thought was the hardest colour challenge ever!   Take a look


Looks pretty inoccuous but, boy, did I struggle with this.  It was SO hard to pair these colours together.  When I found something that would work with one, it would look awful with the other.  I think I went through 2 sheets of cardstock before I found a stamp set that I thought worked with them.  What do you think?


I really like how it turned out, and I finally used this set, which I really love, but hadn't used since I bought it.  The big and little circles (I guess that's what you'd call them) are stamped in So Saffron and the middle sized ones are stamped in Daffodil Delight.  The sentiment panel is Daffodil Delight, with the sentiment embossed in white EP.  I used a bit of bling to highlight the centres.

Make sure you check out what the rest of the DT have come up with - they didn't stuggle like I did and there are some beautiful cards for your inspiration.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Supplies Used:  All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted
Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes, Spot Dot (PTI)
Ink:  So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger)
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Basic Jewels - Rhinestones

7 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Jo, this is beautiful. It looks like the yellows came together effortlessly! Love it.

Kelly said...

Very pretty!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Jo you've done a great job with this card!!! And such a cute stamp set too :)

Nikki Spencer said...

I think it's great Jo, you may have struggled but it certainly doesn't look like it, it's gorgeous.

Patrice said...

The final product is gorgeous Jo. Doesn't look like you struggled at all. Love those 'bling' centres.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh wow! What a gorgeous design.

KimB said...

I think you did good Jo!! I loved the effect of all the big and little circles it looks fabulous in the yellows.
Kim xxx