Friday, August 16, 2013

JAI 178 - Just Add Snowflakes!

This week the challenge at Just Add Ink is to add snowflakes.  I'd just like to give a big shout out to Kim for providing me with what began looking like the hardest challenge ever.  Not because I had no ideas of what to do, but because it turns out that out of all of the hundreds of stamp sets I own, I only have 1, count it, 1 snowflake stamp.  And it took me ages to find it!!  I was just about ready to throw in the towel, when I spied the set on the floor (where else would you expect to find it!).  This is what I made


The snowflake is from an old US hostess set called Patterned Pines.  The DSP is from an even older DSP pack called Christmas Thyme.  This DSP had colours that coordinated with our (AUS) very first set of In Colours that were release back in 2007.  I know this because there is a big 07 on the ink pads.  See why it's goods to hoard things.

I used my Circle Nesties for the first time to make the window and the glitter frame.  Can I just say what an awful noise they made when cutting the acetate.  I truly thought that I had finally cracked my clear plates.  I also realised that I need the 'other' series of nestie circles so I can get the 'in between' sizes.  I think I would have preferred the glitter frame to be a bit thinner.  The sentiment is from SU's Sweet Essentials set and both it and the snowflake have been embossed with white embossing powder.

I think it's turned out quite cute and at least I can say that I have 1 Christmas card made.  Go me!

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team have created too.

Thanks for visiting

Supplies Used:  All Stampin' Up unless noted otherwise
Stamps:  Sweet Essentials, Patterned Pines (US Hostess)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Silver Glitter paper, Bashful Blue (has that retired??), Christmas Thyme DSP (long since retired), Acetate (re-purposed clear stamp backing)
Accessories:  Big Shot, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

6 comments:

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Beautiful Jo, love that little snowflake floating in the middle. Carolyn x

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Love your little snowflake floating in the middle, beautiful Jo.

Robyn said...

I think that it is just stunning!LOVE the glitter frame and the snowflake on the acetate-brilliant!

Robyn said...

I think that it is just stunning!LOVE the glitter frame and the snowflake on the acetate-brilliant!

KimB said...

Jo - you made me laugh! Glad you found the stamp though as this is a lovely Christmas card. Love the combo of embossed snowflake and glimmer frame. xxx
PS: I still have some of that DSP too!

Nikki Spencer said...

Very cute Jo! love the snowflake on acetate, it looks like it's just suspended in mid air. xx