Friday, July 19, 2013

JAI 174 - Colour Challenge

This week at Just Add Ink we have a colour challenge, using a few of the new 2013 - 2015 In Colours.  Check it out



I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with colour combo and then I saw this week's challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch! and it reminded me of a couple of dies that I had purchased and not used yet.  Here's what I made




I must admit, I got a bit ahead of myself making this card.  I was trying to follow the sketch but after several tries of different backgrounds, none of which were working, I was nearly ready to admit defeat and give up.  As a last ditch effort, I decided to spray a scrap of Baked Brown Sugar cardstock with some Very Vanilla mist that I had made up previously.  It was just what I was looking for.  The sentiment is from the Sweet Essentials set, a set I must really love because I keep trying to order it, even though I already have it.  It has been embossed, but I tried so many different combinations that I can't remember exactly what this is.  I think it was stamped in Versamark and embossed with the Vanilla scented powder.  It's actually my 'test' piece, so I could see what it would look like before I stamped it directly on the cardstock, but I really liked it, so I left it as it was.

The bird was diecut from Coastal Cabana cardstock and then shaded with a bit of Costal Cabana ink to try and add a bit of depth to it.  I've also added a teeny tiny pearl for its eye, in keeping with the use of Very Vanilla.  I really like how it has turned out, considering I was ready to bin it.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team have come up with - plenty of beautiful samples for you to be inspired by.

Thanks for visiting.

Supplies Used:  Stampin' Up unless noted otherwise
Stamps:  Sweet Essentials
Ink:  Versamark, Coastal Cabana
Cardstock:  Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  Big Shot, Very Vanilla reinker, Pearl, Sponge Dauber, Heat Tool, Vanilla Scented Embossing Powder, Mini Mister (Ranger), Woodland Branch die and Meadow Bird die (Memory Box), Quickie Glue Pen.

2 comments:

KimB said...

This is quite stunning Jo - love the subtle branch details and the amazing pop of the blue. xxx

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

STUNNING! Love this card to bits :)