Friday, May 3, 2013

JAI #164 - Sketch Challenge

And I'm back.  After a very long break from all things stamping, I've finally found some enthusiasm to get back down to the studio and get creative.  I guess it didn't hurt that quite a few new purchases have found their way into my studio - maybe that was the push I needed.  Anyway, this week at Just Add Ink, we have a sketch challenge for you.  Take a look

Cool sketch, hey?  Lots of possibilities with this one.  During my break I took a couple of classes from Online Card Classes - one of them was Pattern Play - which was a class full of tips & tricks for using patterned paper.  I must have learnt something because look at what I came up with.

This patterned paper is as old as the hills. It's from 2009 I think - from SU called Flamingo something or other.  I also have a matching beach towel that I got from Momento Mall when I attended Convention in Canberra that year.  I have quite a few of these 'bold' papers and I thought this sketch would be a good way to use some of it up.  It took me ages to line those squares up and much to my disgust, they are not quite perfect.  I have since come up with another, better idea, so I will give that a try next time.

I was going to add a sentiment but I decided to leave well enough alone.

Well thanks for visiting.  As Arnie would say, 'I'll be back', if not next week, then definately the week after :)  Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team have come up with - lots of gorgeous samples for your inspiration.

Catch you later


Christine Blain said...

The black background is perfect for showcasing this bright paper, Jo. Nice job!

KimB said...

Its great to have you back Jo! You picked a great piece of DSP to use for this - so much colour and that stunning flamingo. xxx

Jodene said...

I love this card, that image panel is so effective! And I really love the bright happy colours too :)

Nikki Spencer said...

Love that you've used a large pattern as the focus Jo, it's a very effective use of bold patterns. It's great to have you back on board. xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Jo this is really lovely - what a fabulous card to showcase this gorgeous DSP!