Sunday, June 3, 2012

Colour Q 139

Hello

I'm back with my card for this week's Colour Q Challenge, here is the inspiration piece


Such a cute top, I love the detail down the side seam too

And this is my card



This is about the 3rd version - my original inspiration came from a paper bag my son decorated last weekend with some offcuts he found lying around my studio, but as often happens, things tend to change on the fly for me. Hidden under this sentiment, is a version that was embossed directly onto the card.  Unfortunately it wasn't quite bold enough, so I added this one over the top, popped up on dimensionals.

I'm quite happy with the way this has turned out.  It kind of reminds me of those old fairisle jumpers your Nana used to make for you.

Hope you've been enjoying your weekend and thanks for visiting.

Supplies Used:  All Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted
Stamps:  On your Bike (Hero Arts/Sizziz)
Ink:  Distress Embossing Ink (Ranger)
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Big Shot Adhesive Sheets, Ric Rac Die (PTI), Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

This is a fun card, Jo, love how the rick rack looks like chevrons when combined! So glad you could join in the fun this week creating a card with the ColourQ colors!

Kara said...

oooo..love it! thanks for plating along with this week's ColourQ colors!

LeAnne said...

Wowza, this is fabulous! Lots of rick-racky goodness here! So glad you were able to play with the CQC colors this week!

Chris said...

This looks stunning - what a great idea (and kudos to Harry for providing inspiration *g*)
-Chris

Tracey McNeely said...

Jo your rick rack rainbow is just so so fun. Great card.

H2 :) said...

This is really cool Jo. Love the layer upon layer of ric rac.
Oh dear, how embarrassing, I had one of those fairisle vests! ROFL! :D