Friday, April 6, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 - Day 4

As I mentioned in my last post, the only technique from Day 4 that I was going to try out was the :Layered Misting Technique cause I have already tried colouring with Reinkers and I didn't really like the results I got using my SU reinkers to make the custom stamp pad.  I will revisit the custom stamp pad once I get some distress reinkers.

Anywhoo, this is my Layered Mist Technique tag. 



I managed to find one of Tim's masks to use for this technique.  It did take me quite some time though to work out how the stupid thing worked.  Once I did, which was purely by accident, I was good to go.  My base coat uses SU! Real Red, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade and Pumpkin Pie reinkers.  I then laid out the alphabet masks and then sprayed over a mist of Not Quite Navy.  I kind of wish I had chosen a slightly darker colour to have gotten a better contrast as the NQN has turned a bit green.  But this was a super fun and really messy technique that I will definately use again.  I will cover my off white desk up a bit better next time though. 

This is just one of number of posts I'm doing tonight showing all the techniques I've learnt.  There's probably a way to do it, but I couldn't find it, to add more than one photo from each post to the class gallery using Inlinkz so I have to do a separate post for each tag I made.  Sorry.

No comments: