AKA Massive Fail.
This week the challenge at JAI was to Just Add Easter. Simply enough task, wouldn't you think. Not so much, as you will see. I knew that I wanted to make some sort of 3D item to hold easter eggs. This was probably a mistake, but since I don't really have any easter stamps, I figured I could at least put 3D item to good use. I have a few tutorials pinned, as I am BAD at 3D stuff, so I figured I'd give this one a whirl. This in itself was a bit of a mission - it took me AGES to work out why my edges weren't lining up perfectly like they were in the tutorial. Then when I filled it with eggs I found it was just a teensy bit to small and I really, really disliked the image I stamped on the clear top. So I retreated back to the craft room tonight to start over. Unfortunately I went off on a bit of a tanget and this is what I ended up with.
And here's a photo of just one
Now, all in all, I don't mind them, but they're not very 'Easter', are they? I mean, if I took the eggs out and had stamped a different sentiment on the back of the tag, they could have been for anything. I guess it's because I changed my mind mid stream. Originally the boxes were going to be purple with gold embossing, to co-ordinate with the Cadbury eggs I had on hand (school fundraiser). But I didn't have any gold ribbon and I forgot to pick some up today at lunch. And, despite the metres and metres of ribbon I do have, nothing I had was going to do the trick. So I picked a different ribbon, which lead to picking a DSP instead of embossing, which lead to this.
I also made the boxes slightly bigger than the 4x4" listed in the tutorial to fit a few more eggs in. The bottoms are 5x5, scored 1-1/2" from each end. I kept the top the same dimensions as the tutorial because I had already cut the the acetate and they still worked :)
You may notice that my eggs are not Cadbury purple and gold - problem with making the boxes bigger is that you fit more eggs in. Turns out I didn't have enough Cadbury eggs to go round so I had to substitute - just another bump in the road.
Anyhoo, I intend to give these to Harry to give to his teacher and the ladies at after school care. Hopefully they will enjoy them.
Well, I'm off - I normally schedule these posts but this one is actually live and it's late.
Have a good one and thanks for visiting. Oh, and be sure to check out what the rest of the DT came up with. Unlike me, they can actually Just Add Easter.
Supplies Used: (All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Take Three - Spring (PTI), Vintage Something (the current SAB set - I will update with its proper name)
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory, SAB DSP (sorry, can't remember its name either), Clear binder covers (Officeworks)
Ink: Pool Party Marker, Lucky Limeade Ink and Marker
Accessories: 1/16" RD Hole Punch, Take Three die (PTI), Bigshot, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, Lucky Limeade organza (SAB), Sticky Strip