Friday, February 17, 2012

JAI #105 - Just Add Ink Colour Challenge

Howdy, this week at Just Add Ink, we have a colour challenge.  Such pretty colours, look

and would you believe it, I actually have 2, that's right, 2 cards this week.  The reason for 2 is because I couldn't get my original idea to work, so I tried something else.  I then went back to the original, worked out what I didn't like about it and change it up and love how they have both turned out.

So, here's the first (and my favourite)



For this card, I have used the pennant from Party This Way, stamped in Basic Grey - well, they were originally stamped in the coordinating ink colour but I decided that they needed to be done in a darker colour, so I went over them all.  Thank goodness for the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig :)  I then punched them out with the Petite Pennant punch and used my teeny, tiny hole punch to pop holes in the top and threaded some linen thread though to string them up.  The sentiment is from a set called Love Birds by Annabelle Stamps.  I bought this set just for this sentiment but the rest of the set is pretty nice too, *wink*  The frame  I hand drew, originally with my Basic Grey marker but it looked too light against the sentiment, which is also in Basic Grey, so I traced over it with my black marker.  Nerve wracking I tell you since I did it after I had put the whole card together.

This is my second card, and my original idea for this colour combo


I thought these colours were perfect for a teenage girl, so I used my PTI Faux Ribbon set and stamped alternating bands of colour.  I used some of the Big Shot adhesive to adhere the glitter paper to some cardboard that came with one of my new dies, just to give the numbers a little bit of extra strength.  I think it turned out pretty cute.

Well, that's all from me.  Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team have come up with too.

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting

Supplies Used:  All Stampin Up! unless otherwise noted:
Card 1:
Stamps:  Party This Way, Love Birds (Annabelle Stamps)
Ink:  Basic Grey, Basic Black marker
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pool Party Designer Series Papers
Accessories:  Petite Pennant punch, 2 mm Circle Punch

Card 2:
Stamps:  Faux Ribbon (PaperTrey Ink)
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pool Party
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Numbers die (sorry will have to look up the proper name), Big Shot Adhesive sheets, Glitter paper, scrap cardstock.

7 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Jo what a great idea of hand drawing the border! It looks great.
Love CAS card :)

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

They're both lovely cards Jo. I especially love the little banner though, it's so cute. Well done doing the border by hand, it looks fantastic!

Mae's Cachet said...

Both cards are great ideas of using this week's colour combo. I especially love the banner. Have a lovely weekend Jo. ♥

Christine Blain said...

Gorgeous, Jo! I love, love, love your first card. It is fantastic. The stripey '13' card is very cute; great use of this lovely colour combo.

KimB said...

They both look gorgeous Jo. The banner is so fun and you did a fantastic job on the frame!! Love those big glittered numbers too :)
Kim

Nikki Spencer said...

They are both great Jo, love the glitter sparkle on the numbers, but l especially love the clean look with that cute little banner on the other one.

Diane Barnes said...

Love both cards Jo... Especially the banner if you twist my arm. The black lines really makes the colours pop. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that tries to change things on finished cards too. Don't envy you re-drawing the lines though - breath holding stuff! The 13 card is perfect for a teen or pre-teen. D :0)