Monday, March 7, 2011

JAI #58 - Tribute to Amanda and Danielle

This week at JAI we are having a tribute to Amanda and Danielle - we have all CASED one of their cards.   I owe a great deal of gratitude to Amanda and Danielle for chosing me to be a part of the JAI Design Team.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be chosen - THANK YOU BOTH for taking a chance on me.  I have totally enjoyed every minute and I wish you both every happiness and success in your future endeavours.

The first one is one I CASED of Amanda's.  The elements I changed up are the flower and brad, the stamped leaf image and the sentiment, which in hindsight should have been a bit bigger as it gets a little lost.



And this is one I CASED of Danielle's.  The only things I have changed up are the colours, I've used Melon Mambo and Basic Black, and I've added rhinestones instead of pearls.  Why mess with such great original creations!

This was a super fun challenge - the hardest thing was deciding on which cards to CASE.

Hopefully you can all play along this week - I'd love to see which cards of Amanda's and Danielle's you choose to CASE.

Thanks for visiting

Supplies Used:  All SU! unless noted otherwise
AMANDA'S:
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Turning a New Leaf (PaperTrey Ink)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Old Olive
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla Textured, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Newsprint DSP
Accessories:  Antique Brads, Big Shot, Birds & Blooms Sizzlet, Scallop Trim Border Punch

DANIELLE'S
Stamps:  Apple Blossoms (L2 Hostess)
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsuienko)
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Basic Black
Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones, Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Big Shot, Large Scallop Die (PaperTrey Ink)

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Both of these cards are absolutely stunning. I love the Danielle version in Melon Mambo - very striking.

KimB said...

I totally agree Jo - it was so hard to decided which one to choose. I love your CASEs. Great mix of patterns on Amanda's card and love the bright Mambo flowers on Danielle's.
Kim

Christine Blain said...

These are both really beautiful cards, Jo - you've done a great job.