Friday, December 3, 2010

JAI #46 - Just Add Critters

This week at Just Add Ink it was a fun, fun, fun challenge - Just Add Critters.  I had so many ideas running through my head it was hard to settle on just one.  In the end I decided to use my 'must have immediately' Owl punch that I had yet to use!  This is what I came up with:


Aren't they so cute - even thought they are kind of fiddly little suckers to put together.  And if you are not careful, that punch bites - I've still got a few little  marks on my hand where it bit me, not once but twice.  Ouch.

You may also notice something new - the lovely square lattice folder from the Summer Mini, which is available now.  Their bellies have been punched from the Ski Slope DSP, which is now retired, the sentiment is from Christmas Classics set and the ribbon is also retired.  I have also spritzed the embossed layer with my Shimmer Paint Mist.  (and yes, it did make the Real Red ink feather just smidge :( )

Make sure you check out what the rest of the Design Team have come up with, they are all super cute!!!

I'm off now to make a birthday card for one of Harry's little friends who is having his party tomorrow - hopefully the rain will hold off till late afternoon as we are heading off to the park.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Christmas Classics
Ink:  Real Red
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Owl Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Tombo Mono Multi Glue, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Baja Breeze Ribbon (retired), Dimensionals, Frost White Shimmer Paint (as mist)

7 comments:

KimB said...

Hi Jo,
well these guys are too cute for words! Using the DSP for their bellies really gives it a Christmas flavour and I bet it sparkles IRL!
Kim

Chris said...

What cute tummies!
Love it Jo!

Unknown said...

really cute card and owls, and I love that embossing folder too,

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I love your christmas owls Jo.
Very, very cute!
I'm on the fence about buying that owl punch and you have made me realise that its a MUST HAVE.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

All that texture makes a great background for your cute little owls!!

Sharnee Torrents said...

these owls are soooo cool!!! I love how Christmasy they are with that DSP!! AWESOME!
SMiles SHarnee :0)

Sam said...

Hi Jo,

These little Christmas owl critters are SO cute. I LOVE their ski slope bellies...:-).

Best wishes,
Sam.