Saturday, July 12, 2008

Colour Inspiration #15

Gotta be quick.  I'll be back to edit this post with all the details once I have linked to Kristina's blog.   I've lost track of the time but I know I'm cutting it close.

OK, I'm back.  Time again for another colour inspiration piece from Kristina.  Here is this week's inspiration piece.  Aren't the colours just gorgeous.



I had wanted to use my Wanted DSP for this challenge, but when I got home from work, I realised that the Close to Cocoa didn't really go all that well.   And since I was going to use the Wanted papers,  I had also thought that I could use some Western stamps that I got from Paper Candy many moons ago that I hadn't inked up yet.  So, the CTC not matching kinda threw a spanner in the works.  After a bit of messing about, this is what I decided to go with, cause I just couldn't get past using the Bronc!  The Star brads are from the BEAUTIFUL Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware that will be available in the Spring Mini, which starts on August 1, 2008. (Yes, my pre-order arrived on Thursday, yay - look out for some more sneak peaks!)



Thanks for looking and hope you have a great weekend.  Keep warm (or cool it it's hot where you are!)

Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Bronc & Ride 'em Cowboy sentiment - Paper Candy (don't think their available anymore)

Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, Certainly Celery

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Chocolate Chip

Accessories:  Star brads from Styled Silver HPS (available 01/08/08), dimensionals

3 comments:

Megan said...

Very nice...good job on the color challenge! :)

Becky (cajunmama) said...

WOW what a great card! Great boy's birthday card!

Molibrobre said...

Thank you