Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hold On To Your Hats!

It's 2 posts in a day time, LOL! I've got a few things to catch up on, so without further ado, here we go.

These are a couple of workshop projects that I did way back at the start of JUNE (I know, I've been very slack, but very busy doing other things).

This is pretty much a case from the latest techniques booklet. I'd had a request from my hostess to show the heat & stick powder and dazzling diamonds and this looked really effective. Card base is Cool Caribbean - I now know why all the girls in the US are so sad this has been retired there, it's really a very pretty colour, although I'd rename it 'Tiffanys Turquoise'. I stamped the flower image in VersaMark, and without cleaning, stamped into the Cool Caribbean and then stamped onto the W/White square. This method leaves the VersaMark on top so it can be embossed. I covered it with Heat & Stick powder and heated it up with the heat gun. Once it melted & turned sticky, I covered with dazzling diamonds glitter, tipped off the excess and then gave it another quick blast with the heat gun to set it. The Real Red layer was distressed using the distressing tool from the cutter kit and both the red & glitter layers are mounted on dimensionals. It's really hard to see, but I have stamped 'Happiness' from the Warm Words set on the LHS under with white band in C/Caribbean

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Mostly Flowers, Warm Words
Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Versamark, Cool Caribbean
Accessories: Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Red Gingham ribbon, Red brad, dimensionals

This is the 2nd project we did. It's a CASE from the catty, I think it's really pretty.

The Chocolate Chip layer is stamped with the Linen background. The Vanilla layer is up on dimensionals and I made the tag by stamping 'Thanks' from Everyday Flexible Phrases onto Mellow Moss cardstock (inked up using the M/Moss marker) and then punching out with the word window punch. I then threaded the punched out piece back into the punch and punched again which shortened it and rounded the edge. I then made a hole in the top with the 1/16" punch and, voila, custom sized mini tag!
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss Markers
Accessories: Vanilla Organdy Ribbon, Dimensionals, Word Window Punch, thread

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are both pretty!