Wednesday, March 7, 2007

If You're A Blog Reader........

Then you NEED this. After seeing Sarah recommending it on her blog, I set up Google Reader today and I've gotta tell you this is THE best thing since sliced bread. It is a MAJOR time saver as it shows which blogs have been updated since your last visit, eliminating the need to check each one individually. It also updates straight away!!!! I was previously getting updates from either FeedBlitz or Feedburner (depending on whose blog it was), and I don't know if it was because of the time zone difference or what, but the update notifications I was getting were like a day later than when the actual post was. This ended up getting pretty frustating because 9 times out of 10 I had already seen the new post before I was notified!!! It also shows the complete post instead of just an excerpt, which is really cool too!

So if you start noticing people unsubscribing from your blog, don't worry, they're probably just viewing through Google Reader

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I use Bloglines, very similar. Couldn't live without it!